Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Impressions from Doreen Borde - August 2nd

The country and people of Kosovo are so beautiful and giving. I went shopping the other day at the market across from our house we have nicknamed, "The Palace". The total for the bill was three euro but all I had was 50 euro and the store owner didn't have enough change and told me to come back and pay tomorrow. That is what the people in Kosovo are like.

My goal here in Kosovo is to touch as many people as I can and bring and smile and happiness into their lives. I have captured 6 hours of video and taken over 500 pictures in the 7 days we have been here and am eager to capture many more memories.

My daughter, Taylor, is staying with a beautiful family. Today, Neva Baker and I went to visit them and ended up with a six course meal for lunch. It was delicious!! The vegetables are great here and grown locally. Did you know that you can buy a watermelon or cantaloupe on the street corner at 12:00 a.m.?