Saturday, August 06, 2005

Weather Update - From One Extreme to the Other

Since we’ve all written about the hot weather I thought I should give you a brief update on the weather now. The heat wave started to break late Wednesday night. It rained overnight and into Thursday morning. Once the clouds cleared it turned a bit steamy again but nothing like the triple-digit weather we’d been experiencing since we arrived.

It was cooler on Friday and rain threatened all day but the clouds broke just in time for our youth to sing their outdoor concert at the ZR school. I suppose you could call it divine intervention.

Saturday was the coldest day yet. This was the day we visited Camp Bondsteel and I would be surprised if the mercury passed 70 degrees the entire day. It never rained but it was cloudy and windy. It was so cold that they moved the concert indoors.

Today (Sunday) is just plain beautiful. I suppose that’s how it should be since it is our last full day in Gjakove.